Monday, August 25, 2008

Smidge & Boots



Thanks to Kat at Smidge, I have my little piece of internet promo. She highlighted my felted vase as the People's Choice. Thanks Kat!

Other things happening here in the sticks of Southern Vermont, I have finished a demo at the local Deerfield Valley Fair. It was lots of fun. There were many folks I have caught up with. And as usual, the folks that got turned on to the traditional form of felting! It is so amazing to me how such a vibrant tradition has gotten lost. I am sure that there are many others that are floating around out there that are going unnoticed as well. With this culture of computerized outputs and let's see how fast it can get done attitude, I am grateful that we can hang on to any traditions that we have.

At the fair, I had many things on display, featuring the different techniques of felting and how they can be used together. My boots have gotten a lot of attention. They always do at these things. If I were to take a waiting list for them, I would be set for life! The thing is, they are very labor intensive and so custom, that they would take up all my time. But with all the comments and folks that would want them, maybe I should start considering...... hummm, will think about that one. Let me know what you think, really!


2 comments:

t said...

Hi Cheryl
Really love your work. Your vases are great. The latest work that you put on Working with Felt is my favourite. xteresa

Shalana, the funky felter said...

Your boot is wonderful! What a lot of work though! You might have a good market for it if you have the patience. I don't think that I would. LOL! I guess that I'll stick to my scarves and hats :) You are very ambitious.

Also, I "tagged" you on my blog today:
http://thefunkyfelter.blogspot.com/2008/10/tag-youre-it-yikes-ive-been-tagged.html