Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Book

Well, they let me loose in the 'big city' of Keene, NH yesterday. I had an oil change due and since it is a little trek from home, it always turns into a day out. So what is a girl to do, but shop?!

Keene has our one and only craft store, so obviously that is where I was headed. Haven't been there in a while. I was on the look out for a new felting needle holder, since they are all over the place. Well, as suspected, they did not have any such thing. So, that will have to go on the 'list' for my next internet shopping day.

There was this book that caught my fancy. It is a loom knitting book called, Loom Knitting Primer, by Isela Phelps. So, since spinning has caught my time these days, and I don't knit or crochet, I bought it. Remember all the looms that are littering my house, just sitting there? Well, here is my chance to use everything. I read the beginning diligently, ready to dive into some project. Well, when it came to reading the charts, it was all down hill from there. Why cant charts just read like we talk? I was following the book wonderfully, then it goes into these formal knitting terms/lingo. UGH! So, off to the computer I go to see a you tube video. Still searching.....

1 comment:

Chris said...

Cheryl Barrel
I have no idea what you are talking about..you are completely out of my league. Too bad we don't do sheep anymore..to think we GAVE the shearers all that wool. Who-da thunk it.
Love ya
sista bell