Monday, August 4, 2008

I have finally joined the blogging world. Wow!

Well, here I am, writing away on my first ever blog. Hopefully it will be a fun and useful thing for those who visit....hello, anyone out there??? Blogs are certainly fun to make...so far. If I can do it, it must be a breeze. Computers are NOT my thing.

As some of you know, I have been spinning recently. There was some baby alpaca that I have purchased a while ago from North Star Alpacas. I just discovered that a smaller and lighter spindle was the way to go. Little did I know that the spindle weights had a purpose. I would have never known. Enter the Greensleeves spindle, purchased at the one and only Margie's Muse. The project is coming out nicely. The inevitable question now is...what to do with it?? A knitter or crocheter I am not. However, there are many knifty knitters of all shapes and sizes lurking around. Is this cheating? They have hardly been used.

There is a companion piece to the spindle called the butchers crown. This covers and protects the hook when not in use, so the spindle stays balanced. You know, for those days when the spindle goes bump/thump/drop/bang! That is next on my 'list'.

Hum..I must really get to work now. The blog of babble must end. The fiber is calling, along with the laundry, dog, dust bunnies etc.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you GO with your first blog post!! congratulations! =) you have lovely taste and a great shop!! =)

Robin Lynne said...

Nice blog :D (got here from your Etsy thread) and nice fibers too :)

Mary Richmond said...

welcome to blogging! now just have some fun.

Cheryl Avenue said...

Gee, thanks!

Shalana, the funky felter said...

happy blogging!
your hand spun alpaca yarn is lovely :) I can't wait to see more posts!

Travel Turtle said...

welcome to the blog world. i can't wait to see all the fun fibers & felt posts!

Kristin said...

Fun that we joined on the same day! It was about time I became a blogger too...Can you believe that you are a "blogger" now? By the way..I love your shop!!

Alpaca Granny said...

Lovely spinning. Way to go, woman.
Maple