Friday, August 15, 2008

The Dye Pot





Figured I should update my blog since it is Friday and that means Fiber Friday is here! Lately it has been dye pot dates and getting ready for shows. Here are some pics of what has been going in and coming out of the pots. Pics were taken when I thought of it. More to come in flickr...maybe when I need a break:)
Good news....the addition is almost done. That means my fiber spot will be here. Bad news....we just got our visa bill! Might have to put it on hold a tige more:( Maybe if I drive my husband nuts with dye pots and wool all over the house, we will get a little creative in the finance area!

I am still looking at pics on the internet and the daunting instructions for my knitting looms. Looks like I might just continue on my path of making up my own things!



3 comments:

flying fish said...

Do you put a little water in the bottom of your dye pot then put the jars of dye in? I've lumped all my wool in then poured the dye over that, but never tried with the individual jars. Oh..sorry to appear and ask so abruptly, I'm just excited to get on with some dyeing. I just became a homeowner and will have SPACE again, yay!

Cheryl Avenue said...

Yep, causes a steam effect:) Google it and you will find tons of info and ideas. Good luck with the new space!

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog!